Accessibility and Further Information
We try hard at the Harbour Lights Hotel to make everyone’s stay special. Please ask if specific help is needed at any point. We cover some questions below;
1. CONTACT DETAILS - Enquiries and reservations may be made by phone to 07781 135 616, mail to Harbour Lights Hotel, Newtown Road, Alderney GY9 3YR, Channel Islands or email; firstname.lastname@example.org
2. DEPOSIT - A 50% deposit is required to secure the reservation and the balance is payable on departure. The deposit is forfeited in the event of cancellation unless we are able to replace the booking. Deposits are best paid by credit/debit cards.
3. CHECK-IN AND OUT - Check–in any time after 2.00pm and check-out before 10.30am but we can normally allow an early check-in or late check-out.
4. GETTING TO THE HOTEL - Taxis are available at the taxi stand at the airport or can be pre-booked. The journey is only about 5 minutes or so and you can pre-book a taxi from/to the airport with a local company such Island Taxis on 01481 823 823 (e-mail email@example.com). If you are picking up a car from the airport turn left out of the airport and follow the road until you get to a T-junction (c 3 minutes) where you take a left then carry on until you get to a "dual carriageway" (just before a petrol garage) (c 1 minute) where you turn right. At the first crossroads turn right then first left. The hotel is on the right after two hundred yards.If you wish to walk from the airport to the hotel the quickest route is as follows and will take about 30 minutes; Come out of the airport and go past the general parking area to the main road where you turn right. Go about 800 yards and this takes you to Marais Square where you turn left (the Marais Hall pub will be on your left). After about 150 yards you will see the Coronation Inn where you turn left into Victoria Street (which has quite a few shops). After about 100 yards you will come to a T-junction where you turn right and immediately left. You will be walking down hill for about 300 yards and you turn first right. The Harbour Lights Hotel is on your right after about 150 yards. To get to the hotel from the harbour, follow the signs towards town which effectively mean you go left for 100 yards to Braye Street (which has the Braye Beach hotel at one end). You go up Braye Street to the crossroads (there will be a pub on your left and a shop on your right) and go straight across at which point you will be walking uphill. You then take the first road on your left (which will be after about 100 yards) and the Harbour Lights Hotel is on the right hand side after about 150 yards.
5. PARKING - We are the only accommodation provider with a bar and restaurant which also has a private car park. Parking is free. We also have a cycle rack for our rental bikes which have cable locks.
6. OUR BICYCLES - Are all mountain bikes are made by Dawes and have lightweight frames. We can provide you with an island map and point out key things to see and do.
7. HOTEL ENTRANCES - You can enter the hotel via four steps or by a very gradual ramp which is wide enough for a wheelchair or pushchair. All ground floor doorways will accommodate a wheelchair or pushchair as will the ground floor bedrooms. The ground floor public WC can also accommodate a wheelchair. We are more than happy to help you with your luggage and will collect it from your car or taxi and deliver it to your room if you wish.
8. STEPS - The lobby, ground floor bedrooms, bar, restaurant and Bistro are all on the same level. The latter are all tiled with the exception that the bedrooms are carpeted. The off licence has one step down to it and the terrace, adjacent to the bar has a short step to it.
9. FIRE ALARM - our fire alarm is state of the art to include a loud sounder in every room. In addition strobes are fitted in the bedrooms so the hard of hearing are alerted to the alarm. Please note in the unlikely event of a fire the Muster Point is in the car park which is at the front of the building. Your nearest escape route and plan of the building is highlighted on the wall in your bedroom.
10. SEATING - There is ample movable seating in both the Bistro and Restaurant area. Full waiter/waitress service is standard.
11. BATHROOMS - None of our bathrooms are adapted with grab rails etc.
12. DOGS - we do not accommodate pets.
13. FRIDGES - The rooms do not have fridges but we are happy to refrigerate any medication, baby food etc, just ask at the bar or reception.
14. All bedrooms have colour TV, tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryer, main and reading lights. Most bedrooms have a safe and wifi (if not available at the reception).
15. BATHROOMS - are all equipped with towels, soap, shampoo and shower caps.